This cabbage rose is made of crumpled paper. You can use any kind of paper but I recommend the type that has more fiber like cartolina or cardstock.
1. Choose your paper. I used Cartolina Paper.
2. Wet the paper. Crumple then squeeze out any water.
3. Slowly unfold the paper then dry. Once dried, use your thumb to iron out the creases. The outcome should be flat but still has a crumpled look.
4. Cut out your petals.
5. Cut the bottom (narrower end) of each petal about 1/3 of the way up. Do these for all of the petals except for 2 which you will need for the center of the flower.
6. Overlap the two flaps then secure with glue.
7. Make a cone using one petal with no slit. Add one more petal to complete the center.
8. Continue gluing using the curved petals until you achieve the desired look of your rose.
9. For this project I used 34 petals. You can use bigger or smaller petals, as many or as few depending on how open or closed you want the roses to be.